Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 9- The last week!

Hi everyone!

Believe it or not, the eight weeks of the study are officially over. Aside from a few more make-up sessions, most of the kids are done with their sessions. It was definitely a little bittersweet, as I really did enjoy seeing these kids every weeks and watching them interact with their dogs and proxies. However, I am really excited to take part in the next phase of the experiment, which is data analysis. Now that I am (mostly) done coding data for every kid, I will help analyze the data to see if there are any potential trends. I am really excited to see what all of this data shows!

My final product, the research paper, is slowly coming together. I have been doing a lot of brainstorming, as it is a bit tricky to decide which important points I need to make in my paper. There is no way to talk about each child specifically, so I will have to find a way to report my results efficiently. I am hoping that, once my data analysis is more complete, I will be able to narrow the focus of my paper more effectively. In addition, I am finding that I do need to look back on articles that I read weeks ago so that I can cite some information from these readings. Although it is slow going, my paper is slowly coming together!

Next week I will hopefully be able to tell you a bit more about data analysis. Thanks for reading!

Swati :)

No comments:

Post a Comment